Just over a month after the release of the PlayStation VR2, Sony is updating the list of games that will accompany the launch of the PS5 virtual reality headset. Gran Turismo 7 will be one of the biggest posters.
This had been one of the points to improve at the launch of the PlayStation VR, the first of the name: the list of compatible games. PS VR2 has been announced for February 22 and has corrected the situation.
Sony had already announced a first list of titles that would be compatible with the new virtual reality headset that will work with the PlayStation 5. On Thursday, the Japanese manufacturer completed the catalog of more than 30 games promised with 13 titles of new ones, which have been added to the 11 already discovered at the end of 2022. After horizon or Nobody’s Sky AND Banor i Keqe villagethe list is growing for all audiences and all tastes.
Gran Turismo 7 adapts its entire gameplay to virtual reality
And PlayStation puts its core licenses there. after Horizon The Call of the Mountain to follow in Aloy’s virtual footsteps, is Gran Turismo 7 which comes to rev the engines in a free upgrade for owners of the game who will be facing PS VR2.
It’s enough to launch wild races in virtual reality and take advantage of the helmet’s eye tracking and foveal rendering technology to estimate speed painlessly. All races and cars, as well as many game modes (except split-screen) will be available in VR.
Poetic game, available on mobile and console, before your eyes There is also a variation on PS VR2 which is worth a look. Because it’s your flashes that will make you progress in your story and your memories.
Among the familiar and unusual titles, note the arrival of What could? from the creators of the parody golf game What golf? who are attacking baseball this time with the same quirky edge. Puzzle Places will be reserved for 3D puzzle lovers.
Already present on PS VR, the title improves the graphics and will rely on eye tracking to move the pieces (puzzles of up to 100 pieces in virtual reality). If you prefer meditative walks, Mirage RV Kayak takes you from Antarctica to Costa Rica, via Norway, criss-crossing rivers and streams amid lavishly realistic sets graced by 4K screens.
Some games, already present on Meta Quest 2 or HTC Vive, will also be compatible with PS VR2, such as the American football simulation game NFL Pro Era, a puzzle and investigation game The last hour or endless earth, already present on PS VR. But unfortunately, games from the first version of the PlayStation headset cannot be played with its successor and the PS5. If you were hoping to extend the life of your starter catalog, you’ve failed.
List of PS VR2 games available at launch
- After the Fall – (Vertigo Games)
- Altair breaker – (Third obverse)
- Before Your Eyes – (Skybound Interactive)
- VR cities – (Fast Travel Games)
- Cosmonic High – (Owlkimi)
- Creed Rise to Glory: Championship Edition – (Survivals, launch period)
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback – (Supermassive, launch period)
- demeo- (Games with resolution)
- Dyschrony: Chronos Alternate – (MyDearest Inc., Perp Games)
- Fantavision 202X – (Cosmo Machia, Inc.)
- Gran Turismo 7 – (Free update from PS5 version of GT7)
- Horizon The Call of the Mountain – (Firesprite, Guerrilla)
- Job simulator – (Owlkimi)
- The aftermath of Jurassic World – (Sink)
- Kayaking VR: Mirage – (Better than life)
- Kizuna AI – Tap the Beat! – (Gemdrops, Inc.)
- The last hour – (Pontoco/Cyan Worlds)
- The Light Brigade – (Funktronic Labs, purchase includes PS VR and PS VR2 versions)
- Moss 1 & 2 Remaster – (Polyarch)
- The NFL Pro Era – (StatusPro, Inc., free PS VR2 upgrade)
- Nobody’s Sky – (Hello Games, launch period)
- Pavlov VR – (Bankrupt)
- Pistol whip – (Cloudhead, free upgrade)
- Puzzle Places – (Realities.io, launch period)
- Banor i Keqe village – (Capcom, via free update from PS5 version of RE Village)
- Endless land – (Improve)
- The song in the smoke – (17 bits)
- STAR WARS: Tales from the Galaxy’s Edge – (ILMxLab)
- Synth Riders – (Kluge Interactive, free upgrade)
- The Tale of Onogoro – (Amata KK)
- tentacular- (Devolve)
- The Tetris effect – (Improve)
- Thumper- (Drool LLC)
- The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners: Chapter 2: Punishment – (Skydance, launch period)
- Vacation simulator – (Owlkimi)
- What a bat- (triband)
- Zenith: The Last City – (Ramen VR, free upgrade)