From 19 to 22 January 2023
Posted on January 11, 2023
by Audrey Desfeve
Libraries and media libraries of the Metropole de Lyon
Reading Nights take place from January 19 to 22, 2023. Take part in the activities organized in the libraries and media libraries of the municipalities of the territory to shake with this year’s theme: fear!
Fear is the theme of Reading Nights 2023. Metropolis is joining forces with Quais du Polar to offer spooky activities for young and old at various libraries and media libraries in the metropolis. Here is our pick.
A major new investigation
In many libraries, you can participate in the great investigation “brotherhood of darkness”. This features Mortissa, who realizes that the unicorn blood is gone… However, it’s a very dangerous weapon if it falls into the wrong hands! This precious liquid truly empowers a fictional character to come to life in reality… It will be necessary to foil the culprit’s plans quickly!
It is located in the communes of Rochetaillée-sur-Saône, Jonage, Dardilly, Saint-Genis-Laval, Rillieux-la-Pape, Tassin-la-Demi-Lune, Couzon-au-Mont-d’Or, Saint-Didier – in Mont- d’Or, Écully, Saint-Genis-les-Ollières, Albigny-sur-Saône and Pierre-Bénite
Meetings with thriller writers
You will also have the opportunity to meet different thriller writers : who will talk about the role of fear in building their story…
- Sonja Delzongle, Friday, January 20, at 2:30 p.m., at the MédiaLune media library in Tassin-la-Demi-Lune.
- André Buffard, Friday, January 20, at 8:00 p.m., at the l’échappée media library in Rillieux-la-Pape and Saturday, January 21, at 11:00 a.m., at the Couzon-au-Mont-d’ library Or
- Olivier Barde-Cabuçon, Saturday January 21 at 11:00 a.m. at the Couzon-au-Mont-d’Or library and at 6:00 p.m. in Saint-Genis-Laval.
- Stanislas Pétrosky and the specialist Amos Frappa, Thursday January 19, at 6:00 p.m., at the Fontaines-sur-Saône library and Friday January 20, at 7:00 p.m., at the Neuville-sur-Saône library.
Stories, games, workshops and virtual reality
The various libraries of the metropolis also offer a whole program of more or less scary activities. Selected parts:
- At the Marcy-l’Étoile library, two funny postmen take you on a delirious journey with the show “The Joyful Messengers”, January 21, 19.00. From 10 years old.
- In the media library Cailloux-sur-Fontaines, workshop “Make Your Horrible Symbol” will take place on January 21, from 13:00. For all.
- At the Oullins Media Library, it is the killing party ! A dirty affair of a murdered author… Tonight’s investigative evening will take place on January 21, from 18-20. From 13 years old.
- At Maison du livre, de l’image et du son, in Villeurbanne, try it virtual reality : sequestered in an old mansion or locked in a cage under the sea, you will most likely have Wilies on January 21, from 2 to 6 p.m.… Adults.
- At the Vernaison Media Library, it is fear quiz ! Cold Blood Wanted, January 20, 7:30pm! For all.
- At the B612 media library in Saint-Genis-Laval, give it a tryBlack writing with actress and teacher Iness Remaki. See you on Friday January 20th from 17:00 to 19:00 and Saturday January 21 from 10:00 to 12:00. From 15 years old.
Most of these events are by registration. Go to the website of the libraries and media libraries in question!
Full program activated nuitsdelecture.fr