Goodbye 2022, hello 2023, but the horizon is not very happy financially: the price at the pump continues to flirt with €2 per liter, this January marks the end of the energy cost ceiling, and everyone was able to realize inflation barely sustainable food products. In short, the key word for this new year will be undoubtedly “savings” !
Fortunately, Araise is here to help reduce your spending budget related to your plans mobile phone and internet access. In effect, our comparator lists more than a hundred offers from 15 different operators, sorted by price, service offer, suppliers… cheap internet deals for this fall, and do not hesitate to consult our various tests and opinions about them. And here’s a selection of 3 entry-level offerings to help you out, more or less extensive in terms of services and content.
Bbox Fit: small price, minimal service, but Bouygues quality
It Bouygues Telecom entry level : only Bbox Fit is displayed €15.99 per month for the first year, but beware the price doubles from the 13th month. Fortunately, the commitment is only for one year. During this time, you will benefit from the cheapest fiber subscription currently available. But at this price, expect a reduced range of services, albeit sufficient for everyday use:
- Unlimited calls to France only on landlines (And that’s a shame!)
- Unlimited calls in more than 110 countriesand for cell phones on a case-by-case basis (on the contrary, it’s quite generous!)
- Internet speed e 400 Mbps (this is Bouygues Telecom’s slowest box) with one wifi box 5
- and also a diagnosis without Wi-Fi from the dedicated app, so you can best place the box in your home to enjoy it anywhere.
- NO television ! Neither a decoder, nor access to the B.tv application, nor even the possibility of optional access with a tariff supplement: a confusing strategic choice, if we forget that there are many ways watch TV differently on your screens.
SFR Starter: a complete offer for less than 20 euros
“In the Box SFR family, I’m looking for the little girl!”. SFR Starter Box appears slightly more expensive than the previous one first year: 18 euros per month, which becomes 38 euros after one year, if you want to continue beyond your commitment. It won’t even offer you unlimited calls to mobiles, making do with landlines in France and more than 100 countries abroad. Its speed is slightly better than Bbox Fit, announced in 500 Mbpsand its connection to Wi-Fi 5 is identical. On the contrary, a iterative is available as an option (recommended for large houses).
Big difference, even big with the previous package, which in our opinion largely justifies the 2 euro additional cost per month. this is the tv offer :
- a TV decoder is provided, Capable of 4K
- for free access to almost 160 channels and the SFR.tv app
- but streaming services are not includednot even in “trial” detection mode
Sosh box: TV as an option
To be fair, here is an available offer in the Orange network: Sosh boxwhich is actually a Livebox 5. Like its competitors, this low-cost formula offers an unlimited calling offer to destinations fixed only, in France and internationally. In terms of speed, Sosh is happy with 300Mbps, which makes it the slowest connection in our comparison of fiber offerings. But unlike the previous ones, I leave you the choice:
- that of stopping your subscription at any time: is a non-binding offer, but its price increases by 10 euros the second year
- the choice of television or not : the Ultra HD 4K decoder is available as an option (+€5) to access 140 TV channels and streaming platforms like Netflix, Disney+ or Amazon Prime Video.
Conclusion : Bbox Fit is the best value for money for those who just want to surf and call every day, hassle-free. It will not be suitable for gamers, nor for downloading large files, nor for fans of movies and series. SFR Starter will please the whole family and additional savings can be made on SFR mobile plans. As for Soshi, his strength lies above all in his “non-binding” contract. Convenient if you like to switch operators for better or cheaper ones, or if you move often!