Sony Interactive Entertainment is highlighting new games for the PlayStation VR2.
Shawne Benson, Director and Portfolio Manager of Global Third Party Relationships at Sony Interactive Entertainmentsaid:
We’ve revealed just a few of the games coming to PlayStation VR2 next year, including Horizon Call of the Mountain, Resident Evil The village and some others. But the list is far from complete. Therefore, we are delighted that the developers of no less than eleven new games are revealing the experiences that players will be able to discover after the launch of PS VR2 on February 22, 2023.
Just revealed: 11 immersive PlayStation VR2 titles arriving in 2023, including The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR from Supermassive Games.
—PlayStation (@PlayStation) November 2, 2022
New games planned for PlayStation VR2
- The Dark Pictures: Switchback VR (Supermassive Games) – Embark on an ultra-dynamic roller coaster that mixes shooting, action and horror. But don’t close your eyes, because your every move could mean the difference between life and death. Immersed in the evil world of Dark Pictures Anthology, experience the thrill of the scariest action shooter in VR, enhanced by the innovative features of PlayStation VR2. Switchback VR takes you on a multi-sensory journey into the heart of a terrifying Ghost Ship. To survive this ordeal, you’ll have to face grim apparitions, terrifying demonic incarnations of persecuted witches in 17th-century New England, but also vampires from another world and trapped beneath the sand of the desert. Finally, escape the eerie World’s Fair Hotel, home to a sadistic serial killer, and discover how history connects all these worlds in a hellish roller coaster
- Crossfire: Sierra Squad (Smilegate) – Play as the leader of an elite force in the midst of a war to recover a newly discovered top-secret biochemical weapon. Who created this weapon and for what purpose? In your search for the truth, expect to encounter ubiquitous resistance and face a variety of enemies. At the heart of the action, you’ll find all the quality characters, maps and moves beloved by Crossfire fans, but this time in virtual reality. You’ll be suspended by paramilitary action between rival Blacklist and Global Threat factions in multiple indoor and outdoor combat scenarios and more than 60 campaign missions.
- The Light Brigade (Funktronic Labs) – A new single-player roguelike experience filled with gunplay and immersive mystery. The world is in turmoil and each passing day gets darker than the last. Only you can bring a ray of hope. You join the ranks of the Light Brigade, the last bulwark against the darkness, ready to plunge into the Drowned World whenever necessary. Assembled from fragments of memories, these procedurally generated battlefields are filled with enemies lurking around every corner. You’ll have to use your strategy to cross dense forests, icy mountains or forgotten graveyards with your trusty shotgun. You can also rely on light magic to keep the shadows at bay.
- Cities VR: Enhanced Edition (Fast Travel Games) – A virtual reality adaptation of the famous city building game in which you can build and manage the city of your dreams. From simple villages to huge metropolises, design road networks, manage your finances and provide your citizens with the services they need, all while buying land to expand your city. At the beginning of your game, you will only have a large empty land. So you will have to start attracting new citizens. Build roads and connect them to the highway so they can come and go as they please. Provide them with basic services such as water and electricity. Make sure they have places to work and spend their hard work. Such are the humble beginnings of your city. Very soon, it will grow as more citizens will come to live there and you will have to meet their needs
- Cosmonious High (Owlchemy Labs) – A single-player adventure from another galaxy where players will take on the role of a Prismi, a rare alien species capable of adapting to any situation. After stumbling upon the school, the player discovers that it is home to colorful characters, but also that it is completely dysfunctional. He will then have to unlock new powers to restore Cosmonious High to its former glory.
- Hello Neighbor: Search and Rescue (tinyBuild Games) – Mr. Peterson’s creepy abode offers a whole new level of virtual reality immersion, and nothing is as creepy as seeing a familiar shadow envelop you before everything goes black. You will return to this house to embody six small heroes from the neighborhood, who will have to face their fears and free their friend, held prisoner in one of the strangest basements. You’ll have to learn to master each of their unique abilities to solve puzzles, uncover mysteries, and manage to escape your neighbor’s spooky house in one piece and without getting caught. Just thinking about it and our heart beats
- Jurassic World Pastave Collection (Coatsink) – This is the upgraded version of a survival adventure. Therefore, we offer both parts in the same collection. In this adventure set between the events of Jurassic World and Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, players crash land on the infamous Isla Nublar and find themselves trapped in an abandoned research complex. In this story voiced by Laura Bailey, Jeff Goldblum reprises his role as Dr. Ian Malcolm. Your mission is to collect valuable information and escape from the clutches of familiar but ferocious dinosaurs. In 4K at 90 frames per second, the game looks better than ever
- Pistol Whip VR (New Cloud Gaming) – An enhanced version of the award-winning fast-paced action game that will deliver more breadth and depth through headset and controller vibrations, finger touch detection and ultra-time beats short loading
- Zenith: The Last City (Ramen VR) – An epic new story loaded with twists and memorable new characters with new systems, rich gameplay and significant graphical updates
- After the Fall (Vertigo Games) – An intense co-op shooter set in a post-apocalyptic version of Los Angeles. Join up with three other friends and start your journey in a survivor camp shared by 32 players at once. If you prefer to roam the city alone and face hordes of mutants or giant bosses alone, there’s nothing stopping you from doing so.
- Tentacular (Firepunchd Games UG) – A physics-based adventure filled with creative and immersive VR gameplay, an exciting story and lots of humor. Solve puzzles using fun tools to build weird constructions and spectacular structures, or wreak havoc with your giant corpse