Pico Player One?
No one can ignore it now, the car bytedance (TIK Tok) has decided to attack her competitor Meta in the European virtual reality market. Despite a timid first temperature measurement with Pico Neo 3 Linkit is indeed with the heavy artillery that Pico lands in France today and some other western countries. of photo 4 promises not to be a revolution of the autonomous helmet, but as a very nice update of the existing onewhich could allow it to become the new standard in this consumer market in late 2022 or even much of 2023.
Technical data sheet PICO 4:
- Dimensions : 255 (min) / 310 (max) mm (L) -163 mm (W) – 83.5 mm (H)
- Weight : 295 grams (without strap) – 586 grams total
- silicon chip : Qualcomm XR2, 8 cores 64 bit, 2.84 GHz, 7 nm process technology – CPU: Kryo 585 – GPU: Adreno 650
- Storage : RAM: 8 GB LPDDR4X, 2133 MHz / ROM: 128 GB / 256 GB, UFS 3.0
- Display : 2 LCD screens 2.56 inches – 1200ppi – 72Hz and 90Hz
- The definition : 4320 x 2160 (2160×2160 for eyes)
- FOV (field of view): 105°
- lenses : pancakes
- IPD : step by step adjustable from 62 to 72 mm
- Blue light protection : Certified by TÜV Rheinland Low Blue Light (software solution)
- speakers : 360° stereo surround, with 3D spatial sound
- The microphone : Dual microphone up to 30dB noise reduction and 50dB echo cancellation
- camcorders : 4 Fisheye tracking cameras, a 16MP RGB internal camera
- Helmet sensors : 9 Axis Sensor, P Sensor, Hall Sensor, Motor Driver
- Controller sensors : 6-Axis Sensors (Gyroscope Accelerometer)
- Type of controllers : 2 x 6DoF broadband haptic motion controllers
- bUTTONS : Joystick / Trigger / Grip / Menu / Grip / Home / X/Y (Left) / A/B (Right Hand)
- Engines : Wideband motor, 50~500Hz, support up to 2.8G vibration
- Headphone battery : 5300 mAh – 2.5 to 3 hours of battery life – Quick charge QC3.0 – Rear positioning for better weight distribution
- Controller batteries : two AA batteries – 80 hours of battery life (Laboratory data. In actual use, the vibration frequency of different scenes may be different and may vary)
- Wireless : Support for Wi-Fi 6, 2.4GHz/5GHz dual-band
- Bodybuilding: Bluetooth 5.1 support
- Operating system : PICO OS is developed on the basis of Android and is an operating interface system specially designed for all-in-one virtual reality. PICO OS is deeply optimized for VR gaming, audio and video, and interactive operations to make the experience of using virtual reality devices easier and smoother.
But, despite an excellent spec sheet, a particularly successful launch conference and a particularly voracious internet buzz, does this helmet really deserve all the attention it’s getting? After 3 months of preliminary use, here is the beginning of our full verdict on the next page of this article. If you ever rush to know our note and conclusions, it is so.
Thanks to Brice Ducros (Albi matrix) to help us get this test out in time. Thanks to him, these impressions are based on three months of daily use. Do not hesitate, if you are from his corner of France, to meet him in his atypical virtual reality room.