A graduate of Montpellier Business School and Paris 1-Sorbonne, with experience in the world of banking and insurance, Laurent Pignot has such a passion for cryptocurrencies that he intends to one day launch a medium dedicated to the popularization of these alternative assets. What attracts this lover of sports and gastronomy? As a good representative of its generation, the decentralized and disintermediated dimension of these coins. What drives him? Adrenaline is associated with the investment game.
The cryptosphere is full of breaking news every day. To keep you updated with the main information revolving around this sector, I have summarized for you the essentials of the most important news of the last few days.
- Is Twitter Building A Crypto Wallet? In any case, that’s what one blogger, Jane Machun Wong, who covers technology topics on the Web. The blogger, who has a habit of checking the publicly accessible codes of technology companies, revealed on Twitter that the company was developing a “crypto wallet” who would care “cryptocurrency deposit and withdrawal.” Note, however, that I tweet has yet to publicly announce such a product, and it’s unclear where Wong got the information. On the other hand, taking a step back, we note that it wouldn’t necessarily be surprising for the company to announce such a service. Twitter has introduced various cryptocurrency-related features over the past year. In September 2021, it introduced crypto tipping. In November 2021, it started integrating decentralized Web3 applications. In January, it began allowing users to add NFTs as profile pictures. We will see in the coming weeks whether or not Twitter will advance in the crypto sphere by offering a dedicated wallet for it, unless Elon Musk decides otherwise, although he is not the last to give credit to bitcoin and mates. Soon dogecoin everywhere on Twitter?
- Apple this week codified its rules for iOS apps that handle non-fungible tokens (NFTs). Transactions offering NFTs within the app (in-app purchase) must use Apple rails for various transactions and operations, where Apple will charge a 30% commission fee. Otherwise, update released on Monday it also prohibits apps from providing exclusive access to NFT owners, or connecting their users to third-party sites where they can buy and sell outside of Apple’s ecosystem — thereby avoiding the “Apple tax” charges. We are deviating here from the very nature of NFTs, which in theory should allow content creators to receive more favorable and fairer rewards than on Web2. We are also moving away from the decentralized nature of NFTs, which should be able to be traded on various platforms and not just limited to Apple. Finally, the most interesting cases of NFTs allow their owners to have privileged access to various services, while here Apple is limited to the artistic and collectible aspect of NFTs. Despite these announcements, at the same time, Internet users see it as an opportunity to offer a portfolio Ethereum for more than 1 billion Apple customers worldwide, generating a lot of traffic in the Ethereum ecosystem. We can expect that many creators will still choose to offer their NFTs on the Apple Store, despite the huge commissions, to address the billion users of the Apple brand.
- Rishi Sunaknew british prime minister is a fan of cryptocurrencies. During his tenure as finance minister, Sunak revealed his intention to him transform the country into an international cryptocurrency hub. it claimed earlier this year on Twitter that he viewed cryptocurrencies as “fundamental to tomorrow’s companies”. Sunak notably pushed the Financial Services and Markets Bill, which, if passed, could give domestic regulators more power over the crypto-asset industry, particularly through the integration of assets such as stablecoins (cryptocurrency that replicates the price of a currency) within the scope of the nationwide payments regulation. The British Prime Minister’s announcements that come after our Economy Minister, Bruno Le Maire, announced they want to make France “European Crypto-Asset Hub”. However, before exploring opportunities in the crypto ecosystem, The youngest Prime Minister in the modern history of the United Kingdom he will first have to restore order within his party, deal with inflation and prevent the country from falling into recession.
- This week L’Oreal, Meta and HEC Paris have announced that they are joining forces to launch one Startup accelerator program dedicated to creativity in the metaverse. The program will support at least five startups specializing in 3D manufacturing, augmented reality (AR), virtual reality (VR), mixed reality, avatar creation, portability in user experience, token economy or other related topics with metaverse and Web3. will be held in the Meta space of Station F, in the 13th arrondissement of Paris, which is presented as the largest startup campus in the world. Recall that Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg said he expects investments in the metaverse to take about a decade to bear fruit. While at the same time investors are sending the signal to Mark Zuckerberg that he should slow down the ambitions and costs related to Metaverse which weigh heavily on the company’s balance sheet. We’re not done hearing about the Californian boss and his determination to create his World 3.0, no matter the cost…
- We stay in Metaversewith publication of a 116-page report on this topic that was requested by the Minister of Economy and Culture. Lthat document describesthe opportunities and challenges presented by the metaverse and how France should approach the advent of virtual worlds. The mission was led by Camille François, a researcher at Columbia University; Adrien Basdevant, lawyer at the Paris Bar; and Rémi Ronfard, researcher at the National Institute for Research in Digital Sciences and Technologies. Overall, researchers say there is a need to “start now” to develop frameworks such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union and the Digital Services Act (DSA) to cover data collection and user protection in the metaverse. And that in order to create “a European metaverse” as Emmanuel Macron mentioned during his presidential campaign, it will be necessary to unite companies related to augmented reality, 3D content, virtual and mixed reality with companies from the crypto ecosystem, ” otherwise the country will quickly be taken over by the industrial lobbies”, the report shows. Many practical and ethical questions revolve around this topic, we will return to them in more detail in the dedicated articles on Zonebourse.
- Young Americans love cryptocurrencies. or inquiry conducted by brokerage firm Charles Schwab found that nearly half of Gen Z and millennials want to hold cryptocurrencies as part of their 401(k) retirement plans. Pension support is mainly used across the Atlantic to build retirement assets. 45% of under-25s want to integrate crypto-assets into 401(k) while 11% of those aged 60 and over are of the same opinion. These figures join those we saw last week, where a study of Bank of America specified that age was the determining factor in investing in interest in this asset class.
- The financial services giant faithfulness found that more institutions were investing in cryptocurrencies compared to a year ago, despite the market slowdown. inquiry includes 1,052 institutional investors in Asia, Europe and the United States. Fidelity reveals that 58% of investors surveyed said they owned digital assets in the first half of 2022, representing a 6% year-over-year increase, according to Fidelity’s fourth annual Institutional Digital Asset Survey released Thursday. About 35% of respondents think digital assets should be considered a standalone investment class, up from 23% in 2021. Finally, 74% of institutions surveyed said they plan to buy digital assets in the future. What is unprecedented in the short history of cryptocurrencies is this institutional mania for this asset class during a bearish market period, when it was completely neglected in previous cycles.
The evolution of the top 20 cryptocurrencies in terms of capitalization during a week.
(Click on heat map below to better visualize the variations)
Crypto heat map
Determine the quantity
Is AI stealing the thunder from Web3? The most promising crypto startups (Information, in English).
Crypto political megadonor closed his wallet (The Atlantic, in English).